Provincial Achievement Tests (Grades 6 and 9)
- Sturgeon Public School Division Provincial Achievement Test Administration dates are May & June, 2018.
- For a more detailed report view, SPSD PAT Exam Schedule 2017/2018
Morinville Public School follows the Alberta Curriculum, Guide to Education. This specifies the knowledge and skills that students are expected to learn, and it is set by Alberta Education.
Alberta Education's My Child's Learning: A Parent Resource contains information for parents on subjects, programs and courses available in Alberta schools. This site is updated every year as changes are made to the curriculum.
Alberta Education Accountability Pillar
MPS grade 4 and/or 7 families, please watch your mail this January. As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators. Data on these indicators consists of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of education quality, student outcomes such as dropout and high school completion rates, and provincial assessments of student learning.
From January to the end of February, Alberta Education will be conducting the annual Accountability Pillar Survey.
- In January, parents of students in grades 4, 7 and 10 receive a survey from Alberta Education.
- In February, students in grades 4, 7 and 10 and all teachers will be completing their surveys online at school.
- Parent surveys started being mailed to parents on January 5, 2018
- Last day for all survey submissions is February 23, 2018.
Please take the opportunity to visit, Alberta Education, Parent Survey Questions.
* All surveys are anonymous and ask questions about experiences with your school. In addition to English and French, the parent survey is available in Chinese, Punjabi, Arabic, Blackfoot, Dene, Cree, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog and Urdu. Your participation in the survey helps provide important information on the quality of education your child is receiving.