École Morinville Public School provides a safe, welcoming environment with a broad selection of programs to help students achieve their goals. We offer specialized preschool programs in addition to serving students Kindergarten to Grade 4.
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year begins February 08, 2021.
Is your child currently enrolled in a Sturgeon Public School?
2021-2022 Registration for returning students:
To register your child in a Sturgeon Public School for the 2021-2022 school year, log-in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account and click on Registration Confirmation. (PowerSchool Registration Confirmation How-to Document)
Please remember that you will need to register each child separately.
Check out the new programs coming in 2021-2022 (New Programs 21-22).
2021-2022 Registration for new students
If you are a NEW student who would like to register at École Morinville Public School for the 21-22 school year, please click the following link to fill out the Registration Forms
*Once the form is submitted, we will be in contact to confirm the registration.
For transportation information, please visit the New Riders Registration page and fill out an Online Application form.
Qualifying for Pre-K
- Complete the Pre-K Intake Form
- Book a screening appointment through Central Office, 780.939.4341 ext. 1257
- Screenings begin in March 2021
- Child must be accompanied by a legal guardian at the screening appointment
- Child may be assessed by a Sturgeon Public Schools Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist or Educational Psychologist for a STURGEON PUBLIC SCHOOLS PRE-K PROGRAM ONLY
- Assessment results from other agencies such as Alberta Health Services or private agencies are also considered and reviewed for qualification
Each school within Sturgeon Public School Division has a designated attendance area. Where a student lives determines their designated schools. It also helps determine their eligibility for transportation.
If you are considering a Sturgeon school that is located outside of your attendance area, call the transportation department at 780-939-4341 to ask about available service.
The information collected during the student registration process is personal information as referred to in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPP). FOIPP sets controls and standards on how public bodies such as school boards collect, use and disclose personal information in their custody or under their control.
For more information contact: